Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A conversation with this child...


She: Should I put a band-aid on this?

Me: What? That two week-old, 4-centimeter scab?

She: Yeah. It hurts when I touch it.

Me: Don't touch it. (Yes, I have a dual degree in rocket science and child behavior)

She: But, I can't help it. I don't know why. If I put a band-aid on it, THEN I wouldn't touch it.

Me: (with a puzzled look on my face) If you keep your eyes closed does that keep you from sticking knives in them?

She: (walking away) Yeah well, I think I'm going to put a band-aid on it.

Me: I think you should.

She: Yeah.

These conversations happen a lot.

Smiles from the farm,
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. OK, Dr. Porches: I keep eating lots and lots of mayonnaise and it just makes me throw up. Should I stop eating it? Cuz every time I eat it, I throw up. Yeah, I think I'm just gonna stop eating it.

    OMG - you ARE brilliant! Thanks, Dr. Porches! You can just bill me.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I exercise more, if I do then maybe my blood pressure would drop, I would be able to lower my colesterol, and get into my favorite pants. Should I eat less?
    Maybe...
    I'll start tomorrow!!
    I couldn't help myself, your family is way too normal Lisa, I loved it, Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I have those logical conversations too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny!! I've had that sort of conversation too...but it's been a few years. (And no, I wasn't the one asking about the band-aid!!!)

    ReplyDelete