Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My free chairs...

These bentwood ice cream style chairs were thrown in for free with something I bought last summer at auction.  My husband kept bugging me to break them up and burn them.  Really, he has NO vision at all. 


All the poor dears needed was some love.  Well ok, they what they really needed was some stain and new seats.  Problem is that I just KNOW that I have four of these needlepoint seat covers but I can only find two.  But I KNOW they are here somewhere...I think.  

                                               

Smiles from the dump, uhhh I mean farm,
Lisa


10 comments:

  1. Um...those were set out for ME to pick up. I was wondering where they went! :)

    LOVELY...LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

    Whoot Whoot!!!!!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great re-do, Miss Smarty Pants! -smile- Very impressive and tell your husband I said so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I just love those freebys that turn into something super groovy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are lovely. Almost as good as my stump. Hmmm... you may just have to have them be mix and match seats. :) I can't find anything in the barn either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chairs look great, if only husbands could share our visions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you didn't break them up and burn them! You did a beautiful job with the restoration and the new seat covers look awesome! have a great day! Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok Lisa, those before and afters are just perfect. What a wonderful re-do and here's hoping you find the other two seats. Those look fantastic, Char

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drooling over these. Love that needlepoint cover. I'm going to have to bite the bullet and actually attend an auction one day. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have two maroon needlepoint pieces at my antique booth ln sale for a song. Interested? Want a photo? Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those chairs are fabulous. What color is that stain? It's not too dark and not too light.

    ReplyDelete