Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Helloooo...

Ok, I'm still here. I like to add pictures to my posts. So two weeks ago I took my operable camera down to the goat barn. I came back up over the hill with same camera, but in unoperable form. So who is to blame? Let's philoso...phylosof, philosofi...Let's think about it. I have a shiny silver camera in one pocket of my apron and a fist full of animal crackers in the other. I have a nice warm bucket of water with a splash of cider vinegar for zest and a 1/2 cup of sugar for yumminess. I have a scoop of lovely grain (which coincidentally is called Caprine Challenger-oh how appropriate) for my sweet little caprine challengers and of all those things which do you think they choose to rip unceremoniously from my hand and smash onto the floor. Well I guess you already know the answer. But I digress. It is my fault. So while my camera flies over our heads to the secret camera headquarters, I will try to write my pictures. Here are some updates:

Chickens: I lost two of my Rhode Island Red babies. I'm ok. They're just chickens. I have stuffed enough poultry to not get sentimental with the livestock. I'm ok. I'm ok.

Bread: Well after running through all the MOTHER jokes about my sourdough starter, i.e.: I forgot to feed my mother this morning, I think my mother is messed up, and oooh my mother stinks, should I throw her out? I decided to do just that. I made a loaf of hockey pucks, a semi loaf of semi soft hockey pucks (if Nerf made hockey pucks and a big puffy loaf of something. Not quite hockey puck, perhaps some sort of shin guard or glove. So I will go back to yeast and my bread machine.

Cheese: If anyone is looking to make the mozzerella I posted a while back--here is a link to the recipe: http://www.animalvegetablemiracle.com/Mozzarella.pdf. Also read Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver.

Well I think that it's it for now. Soon I will have my camera back and I will once again open my shades for a peek into my world, such as it is.

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment