Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wee Little Mike Cooley

One of my favorite bands ever is the Drive By Tuckers.  I'm a particular fan of guitarist, Mike Cooley.  There's just something about a southern man with a guitar...I don't know...


We had tickets to see them last year when they came to Maine but I got sick.   It's a long, sad story but we'll just gloss over the details and say I didn't get to see them.  They're playing in Portland next month and I'd love to go, but finances are a bit tight right now and I can't justify tickets, gas and babysitter... maybe next year.  

So I did this...It's my own Mike Cooley action figure.  I might have issues.  


He's only about three inches tall.  Do you know how hard it is to sew wee little clothes for tiny guitar gods?  It's really hard.  Hey...I admitted that I had issues, you don't have to back away so fast.

Isn't his wee little guitar so cute?  The original was painted by Wes Freed, of whom I am also a huge fan.  I have a few of Mr. Freed's signed prints.  I follow him on Facebook and I won them  by guessing what the number painted on a license plate in the print meant.  I'm not going to show you the print because it's a little naughty.  Oh, the number is Myrt "Hubcap" Lesh's phone number.  She was a car thief played by Ellen Corby on the Andy Griffith show, of which Mr. Freed is a huge fan (I bet her never made a Sheriff Andy action figure though).  Ellen Corby is best known for playing Grandma Walton on the Waltons.  These are the things I know.  Sometimes they come in handy.  Why are you running away from me?




Smiles from the farm,
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Now he is a very cute little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where have you been Lisa? I miss your stories and am wondering how the sewing is going. It's been too long...were all waiting1 :) Mardy

    ReplyDelete