Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Chair Lady...(see what I did there?)

So I had these chairs.  I might have paid a very small amount for them.  In fact, I may have paid $.50 a piece for them.  And why not?  They were in pretty rough shape....


So I did what I do...ripped those sucker APART!





Then I added a little DIY chalk paint, which was very arduously applied and then unceremoniously sanded off.



I decided to forego the old springs and just added strapping.




Then I hit a snag.  I didn't have quite enough of this fabric, which has been in my stash for years.  I looked on eBay and evidently Richloom Fragonard is hot right now, selling for about $40.00 to $65.00 per YARD.  Yeah, that's not going to happen.  So I had to get a little creative.  Suffice it to say, I have not one inch of this fabric left.


After some seam ripping and the ever present swear words.  They are done.


So much better!

Smiles,
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. You are simply amazing! Wow. Your mind works in wondrous ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing! Upholstery scares the crap out of me. I admire your bravery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty now. Do you sell all the furniture you redo? Or keep it all? I would find it hard to sell all that. You do really good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris--I will probably sell them. I don't get too attached to things and I really enjoy fixing them up, so it all works for me!

      Delete