Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grandfather starts kindergarten...


Several people have given me two suggestions to the following question today:

~~Now that all your kids are in school, what are you going to do with your time?

1.  You should go home and take a long hot bubble bath.

2.  You should go home and curl up with a good book.

Which leads me to the conclusion that for the 11 years that I have had one or more children at home, that I must have:

1.  Smelled bad.

2.  Turned stupid. 

Happy Kindergarten Little Bud, thank goodness the line at the Wal-Mart hair cutting place was so long and you got to go to the first day of school looking like a used car salesman.  Nothing cuter than a 5-year-old with a comb over.


By the way I did not take a long hot bubble bath or read a good book.  I stayed with him.  Another blessing of a having  a special needs child, no one bats an eye when you hang out for the first day (or week-or sporadic check-ins the first six months) of kindergarten.   

Smiles,
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. What a very special day. They grow so fast, enjoy every minute. What a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! That's awesome. Mine start 3rd and 4th next week, and my rent-a-hubby's son started his Junior year (YIKES) It all goes by way to fast! -J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love his comb-over...but a used car salesman raised me.
    Happy Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Kindergarten! The goat-daughter just started teaching kindergarten this year. Wait until it's 30 years instead of 5. :) By the way, the Little UnDead says to tell Bud he likes his color choice for the first day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie! How are you doing with this heat? I HATE it, I was so ready for fall. Hugs, Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lordy I sure hope there was some A/C at Kindergarten. What a cutie your little car salesman is. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete