Monday, August 10, 2009

Shmooish....


Do you remember the Shmoo?

I don't remember him from the original Lil' Abner comic, but I remember the '70's Shmoo from the Flintstones. In our house being a Shmoo means you're cute or naughty, ie: "Awww, you're such a Shmoo." or "Arggggh, you're SUCH a Shmoo." We make things like this up all the time.

It was determined today that if there is a particular food that cannot for whatever dietary reason be eaten, it is because the day is Monday and the said non-eater has taken a vow of Shmoo-deism, and everyone knows that the Shmooish do not eat left over corn on the cob on Mondays.

Honestly, how do I argue with that?

Smiles from the farm,
Lisa

4 comments:

  1. Lisa, you are back!! I don't know where you have been or what you have been up to, but you have been missed. I wondered about you, went looking for you, you were no where in site. What a Shmoo thing to do to us out here in blogland, good to see you, Char

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love the shmoo! I pet he eats Peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. That was supposed to be 'bet'...I meant 'bet'....not 'pet'...yes, 'bet'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omigosh! Shmoo brings back so many memories for me! One of my friends nick-named me that 20 years ago when one of my work badge photos looked "ghostly."

    ReplyDelete