- My husband fell off the roof and broke his foot (Which is not so unusual. Our family timeline is actually defined by his injuries. For example: How long have we had the refrigerator? Hmmm, let me think...did we get it the year you broke your face on the snowmobile or shattered your sternum falling off the Wal-Mart? OR When was the last time you saw your friend, Bloobidy Bloo? Oh, that was either the year I got crushed by the sheet metal or the time I caught my hand in the thingy at the mill.
- And then...the fences fell down and the goats fell out of their field. Just...plop...fell right out. They were EVERYWHERE. Still are, fence won't stay up. Whatever.
- Matty got a double ear infection.
- We found out that there was a problem with the Big Teenager's financial aid for college and we're just keeping our fingers crossed that it works out. We'll know for sure on the 30th. School starts the 31st.
- The Little Teenager made the varsity cheering squad. This is an unraveling, trust me. Fundraisers, sweatshirts, fleeces, rides to school-every-day. UNRAVELED.
- The cat has something. I don't know what. It might just be laziness because all he does is eat and sleep. Yeah, we'll just cross that one off. I'm sure he's fine.
- Jake found a carcass. No further explanation.
- There was a big brown rat in the chicken house and one night when I closed the little chicken door, it jumped out while my hand was right there. I almost touched a rat.
- There was a big DEAD brown rat in my yard after he ate some poison.
- My cucumbers got away from me and are now the size of....big brown rats? They're big.
So there you go. I'm standing in the middle of this big pile of crinkly yarn and I don't even know how to knit.
Oh, I forgot...I pulled up some weeds in the front yard this morning and now I have a lovely smattering of poison ivy blisters on my wrist.
But other than that...we're doing great.