Friday, August 1, 2008

Rubber Boots

I have never owned a pair of shoes that cost more than $20.00. I would go barefoot all the time if the weather and the biological functions of my animals allowed. I have a pair of plain black shoes for special events, a pair of flip flops for running around town in the late spring, summer and early fall, a pair of sneakers for the rest of the time and a pair of black muck boots that I wear at home, all the time. Much to the chagrin of a very fashionable 11-year old. They make me feel like a farmer, like a girl who is pretty confident in herself. You kinda gotta be confident to pull off a look like this. Rubber boots by the back door, that's me.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sweetpea, Connie from P.E.P here checking out your blog. Niiiiiiice boots, chickadee!!! I'm with ya on NOOOOOOOOOO shoes. I hate wearing them, but at the moment we're having a remodel so I MUST wear them or get my tootsies pinched in sanding dust and tacky strip from carpet pulled back. Oooooouch!! Come visit with me, sweets.
    Smoochies,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Lisa, love the boots, and love Charles and Ben & Jerry. Stop and check out my blog, I have to get on the ball and add more info and news. Looking forward to more of your comical stories.

    pat

    ReplyDelete